What is FRINGE?
· FRINGE is a recognized trademark, and a recognized brand of performing arts festival
· FRINGE is uncensored and unjuried
· FRINGE is accessible and affordable
· 100% of ticket revenue goes to FRINGE performers (Yep. Every nickel.) because FRINGE is focused on the Artists and the Art
A live-streamed Fringe Binge! Over the next few weeks, Fringe will be making announcements about shows, workshops, and events that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home or in limited attendance, live and in person!
A limited number of live shows will take place this year with a maximum of 34 patrons per-show, so that proper social distancing measures are followed. Patrons will also be required to wear masks when moving throughout the BMO Studio Theatre; there will also be an outdoor show held in King's Square. A full schedule will be announced very soon!
Most of the shows will also be streamed this year, so people have the option to watch Fringe shows from the comfort of their home. All streamed content will be accessible via donation on the Saint John Theatre Company website.
Binge the (virtual) Fringe!
The full line-up consists of:
- Isolation Time, by Decoy Productions. Theatre for a Covid world: boxed in, stressed out, jumped up, and dragged down. A minute-by-minute play-by-play through an optimist’s mind taken over by worries of pandemic proportions.
- The Wren & The Bear, by Stumble Upon A Story. A Grimm Brothers tale re-imagined with puppetry and musical storytelling that the whole family can enjoy or simply stumble across while in King’s Square.
- Sarah/Frank, by Minmar Gaslight Productions. A 30-minute audio experience, (think radio play meets theatrical sound design) retracing the untold story of a Canadian legend who fought in the American Civil War. A unique viewpoint from history’s pages that examines how gender, identity, and sexuality are challenged during wartime in the 1800s.
- Mashup 2, by Improvisation Corporation
- Like Butter In a Dog’s Mouth, by Aberrant Theatre
- Swing, by Pizza Squeeze Inc
- Every Young Adult Novel Ever: The Musical, by Isolation Creation
- Cry Wolf, by InterAction School of Performing Arts
- Just Desserts, by Kay Kreative Arts
Click here for the various shows, schedule and ticketing options.
Each of the virtual shows will be uploaded to the BMO Virtual Studio the day after its live-stream, which will occur on the Fundy Fringe Festival YouTube account. There will be PayPal links in the video's description where viewers can donate to the artists. Additionally, Every Young Adult Novel Ever: The Musical,Cry Wolf, and Sarah/Frank (the audio-play) will not be live-streamed as they are being pre-recorded. They will be available on the BMO Virtual Studio for the entirety of the Festival.