Winter in SaintAwesome
Saint John has something for everyone, regardless of the season! Check out the Sample Itineraries below to find your ideal winter weekend in Saint John!
Love the Outdoors, Even When The Temperature Dips?
Grab a hearty breakfast or brunch and head to Rockwood Park, one of Canada’s largest urban parks, featuring 13 lakes the park encompasses 2,200 acres. Rent skates, cross country skis, snow shoes and more from Inside Out Nature Centre, or bring your own, and spend the day exploring the park and enjoying the great outdoors.
Take a break at Lily’s Lakeside with a hot chocolate and a bite to eat.
In the afternoon, head to Spa Chance Harbour and become a member of their Polar Bear Club! Relax in their wood burning sauna and afterward go “Polar Dipping” in the salt/fresh water pond or race down to the ocean on the beach!
For dinner, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the many options in uptown Saint John, and then make your way to Harbour Station to enjoy a Saint John Sea Dogs hockey game.
Some other great options to consider while you’re here include:
- Go hiking at the beautiful Irving Nature Park.
- Take one of three self-guided Historic Walking Tours around the uptown or the self-guided Art in Public Places Walking Tour.
- Head to Fallsview Park – a great vantage point to observe the Reversing Rapids, where the Bay of Fundy’s highest tides in the world rush up and over the St. John River.
Family Fun, Whatever the Weather!
Leave your jackets in your room, and spend the whole day inside in Uptown Saint John! Whatever the weather, we’ve got you covered thanks to our Inside Connection Pedway!
Start your day by grabbing breakfast and doing some shopping at the Saint John City Market, the oldest continuing farmer’s market in Canada.
Spend the morning exploring the New Brunswick Museum enjoying stunning world-class exhibits. Whale sightings are guaranteed year round at the “Hall of Great Whales,” see what the Bay of Fundy is doing in real time at the Fundy Tidal Tower, and the whole family will enjoy the Family Discovery Gallery, not to mention the unique gift shop.
Grab lunch in Brunswick Square or Market Square. Each have a food court with kid-friendly options!
Spend the afternoon at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre. Built to accommodate the 1985 Canada Summer Games, the centre offers an Olympic-sized indoor pool, two leisure pools, two water slides, diving platforms and springboards, a toddler pool, a sauna and more. Public swims are offered daily, making any day a pool day!
Grab supper at one of the restaurants in Market Square, and head to a Saint John Sea Dogs hockey or Saint John Mill Rats basketball game at Harbour Station.
Some other great options the whole family would enjoy include:
- Rent skates at Inside Out Nature Centre and spend the afternoon skating at Lily Lake at Rockwood Park. Or rent snowshoes and explore some of the trails.
- Suit up for a game of laser tag or bowl a perfect game! Great activities to encourage some friendly competition and work up an appetite!
- Head east to McAllister Place Shopping Centre and East Point Shopping to browse numerous big box stores and national chains, or check out Freak Lunchbox or Heroes’ Beacon in the uptown.
Not a fan of the outdoors? Make shopping your cardio!
After breakfast, head east to McAllister Place Shopping Centre and East Point Shopping to browse numerous big box stores and national chains.
Grab some lunch at one of the many restaurant’s on Saint John’s east side, or head back uptown to grab a bite at one of over 60 uptown options!
Spend the afternoon browsing the unique shops and services in Brunswick Square Shopping Centre and Market Square, or head outdoors to browse the variety of boutiques and galleries located in the heart of uptown. You’ll find everything you’re looking for, from artistic giftware to hiking boots, and designer clothing to handmade mittens, plus a whole bunch of wonderful items you didn’t even know you needed until you saw them!
Grab some dinner and then plan to take in a show at the Imperial Theatre, which the Globe and Mail has described as the most beautifully restored theatre in Canada.
Or if you’d rather, spend the evening in the intimate setting of Happinez Wine Bar sampling their wine selection of the month, at Big Tide Brewing Company trying some locally brewed beers, or at Rocky’s Sports Restaurant taking in the big game on one of their 25 televisions.
Some other great options to keep you warm include:
- Treat yourself to some serious R & R and spend some time relaxing at Element5 Spa.
- Grabbing breakfast and doing some shopping at the Saint John City Market, the oldest continuing farmer’s market in Canada.
- Spend some time exploring the New Brunswick Museum enjoying stunning world-class exhibits.
Saint John, NB
You might also be interested in: